Social entrepreneur with 17 years experience in charity leadership, community development, place regeneration and policy development.
- Set up the regeneration project I Love Stockton Me. Involved in high street regeneration and supporting the Mary Portas Town Team project.
- Developed and secured city centre space for creative start ups and a graduate hub.
- Started a peoples’ media project “We Are Our Media” which created the citizen newspaper The Eclipse, giving ordinary people the skills and support to tell their stories and create their own news.
- Worked on various policies and campaigns at a local, regional and national level, developing policy around industrial strategy, young people and work, mental health, addiction and sexual exploitation.
- Experienced communicator and writer, having written articles for various local, regional and national publications.
For nearly half of Jessie's life, she has been committed to bringing about change in people, places and in communities across the North East. A passionate champion of Teesside, interested in the rights and voices of women, young people and children, place regeneration, social enterprise, community empowerment, development, and social change. Degree in biomedical science at University of Leeds and a Masters in Management from Durham University.